Steering Committee Meetings were held during 2009-2011 in Ankara in order to present and discuss eligible pre-selected project proposals at sub-regional, multi-country and national level received from the countries of the SEC Sub-region.
As of December 2011 the SC members approved for funding 8 sub-regional, 11 multi-country and 11 national projects with a total allocation of USD 10,100,000.
List of Approved Projects:
- Central Asia Regional Programme for Fisheries and Aquaculture Development (FishDev-CA).
- Management of Pesticides and Obsolete Pesticides in Central Asia and Turkey.
- Seed Sector Analysis and the Preparation of Regional Seed Master Plan in the Selected Countries.
- Promoting the Management of Animal Genetic Resources in SEC countries.
- Development of a Communication Strategy and Visibility Services of FTPP Programme.
- Establishment of ECO Coordination Centre.
- Food Security and the importance of healthy animal and their products: Regional networking for control and prevention of emergent and re-emergent transboundary animal diseases and zoonoses.
- Identification and formulation of a regional project to strengthen scientific, technical and institutional cooperation to support responsible fisheries in the Black Sea.
- Identification, Assessment and Stewardship of Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS) in Azerbaijan and Turkey.
- Capacity Development for Analysis and Strengthening of Agricultural Innovation Systems (AIS).
- Conservation Agriculture for Irrigated Areas in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
- Cattle Production Improvement Module for SEC Countries.
- Capacity Development on Watershed Management in CA and Caucasus.
- Support to Socio-economic Training of Rural Women in order to Sustain Rural Development.
- Towards better national and regional locust management in Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Training of Trainers on HACCP for Food Inspectors in KYR-TAJ.
- Strengthening national capacities for production and analysis of sex-disaggregated data through the implementation of the FAO Gender and Agriculture Framework (GASF).
- National component price data base and analysis tool
- Mutually acceptable mechanism of integrated use of water resources in Central Asia through scenario approach.
- Home Based Nursery Development for Improved Food Security and Environmental Protection in Tajikistan
- Promotion of Water Saving Technologies in the Uzbek Water Scarce Area of the Transboundary Podshaota River Basin
- Capacity Building in Sustainable Forest Management Planning and Forest Fire Management in Syria
- Design of an Agricultural Development Strategy for the Kyrgyz Republic, 2011-2015
- Organization of pedigree bee breeding and selection works in apiculture in AZE
- Development of organic agriculture and institutional capacity building in AZE
- Improving food security, food safety and living standards of vulnerable populations in TAJ through effective and sustainable control of brucellosis in animals and humans
- Protection and cultivation of medicinal and aromatic plants in West Mediterranean region in Turkey
- Establishing of national geo-spatial database for soil fertility properties and soil organic carbon content of Turkey’s soils and spatial distribution of potential chemical fertilizer consumptions and consumption trends for last decade in Turkey
- Legislation and strengthening capacity studies on Land Consolidation
- National capacity enhancement and elaboration of strategies on mobilization of foreign investments to the agricultural sector of UZB