Appraisal, clearance and contracting
Prior to official submission of the project proposal to the EC, for consideration of funding, six clearances will need to be obtained within FAO (TCAP):
- In-country appraisal (FAOR);
- Technical clearance(s) (units concerned);
- Operational clearance (prospective Operating Unit);
- Budget clearance (i.e. direct and indirect recovery of Administrative and Operating Costs);
- Financial Clearance (e.g. payment schedules, etc.);
- Projects and Programmes Review Committee (PPRC) composed of all Heads of Department.
Upon official receipt of the project proposal from FAO (ADG/TC), the relevant EC task manager will proceed with the preparation of a Financing Proposal on the basis of which a Financial Decision will eventually be taken, following the review and clearance by EuropeAID’s Office Quality Support Group (oQSG).
Based on a positive Financing Decision, three agreements are signed (TCAP):
- Financial Agreement (EC and Government);
- Contribution Agreement (EC and FAO);
- Project Agreement (FAO and Government).
As soon as (i) these three agreements have been signed and (ii) the first advance payment has been received, the project will be declared operational by FAO. To this effect, a Lead Technical Unit and an Operating Unit will be established (by ADG/TC) and a project account will be opened in Oracle (by AFFC).
Requests for clarification or assistance may be referred to Bart van Ommen, Coordinator FAO-EU Cooperation, email@example.com