Starting with FishStatJ version 3.01, you can download workspaces directly from within the FishStatJ application menu "Browse workspace". This version will also alert when a new program version becomes available (for details please refer to the manual).
The FishStatJ application provides users with access to a variety of fishery statistical datasets. Any data having yearly time series and coded dimensions can potentially be stored and processed by FishStatJ. The system consists of a main application module and workspaces which include the datasets and can be loaded by the user.
FishStatJ, a Java-based desktop application, replaces the FishStat Plus software.
FishStatJ key features
- statistical datasets browsing, data mining, charting and reporting
- filtering, grouping and aggregation through hierarchical dimensions
How to install FishStatJ
- Download the FishStatJ application
- Download the workspace
1. Download the FishstatJ application (Version 3.01.0):
- Windows zip download
- Vista/Windows 7, 8 (32 or 64 bit are both supported)
- JRE (Java run-time) is included
To install on Windows, the ZIP-download must be extracted into a directory where the user has update permissions. We recommend to unzip the program to the C-disk (C:\FiShStatJ) or leave the unzipped folder on the Desktop. It is very important when extracting to maintain the zipped file structure (with all the required FishStatJ subdirectories)!
- Mac OsX zip download
Extract to a location where you have permissions to update files (Desktop).
- Linux tar.gz download
For LINUX please refer to the release note included regarding the required XULrunner library.
* Note: We have tested FishStatJ with the configurations above but will probably work in various environments (i.e. JRE 8).
For more details on installing and using FishStatJ, please refer to the FishStatJ manual.
Minimum requirements for FishStatJ
- 2GB of system memory (RAM); 4Gb recommended
- 500MB of disk space, for the application FAO datasets, and JRE.
- 1 GHz x86 processor
2. Download workspaces (workspaces contain datasets):
Workspaces are downloaded directly from within the FishStatJ application menu "Browse workspace".
- Global Production by production source 1950-2014 (Release date: March 2016)
- Capture Production 1950-2014 (Release date: March 2016)
- Aquaculture Production (Quantities and values) 1950-2014 (Release date: March 2016)
- Fisheries Commodities Production and Trade 1976-2013 (Release date: March 2016)
- CECAF (Eastern Central Atlantic) capture production 1970-2014 (Release date: May 2016)
- GFCM (Mediterranean and Black Sea) capture production 1970-2014 (Release date: April 2016)
- RECOFI capture production 1986-2014 (Release date: June 2016)
- Southeast Atlantic Capture Production 1975-2014 (Release date: June 2016)
- Food balance 1961-2013 (Release date: July 2016)
- Total population 1961-2013 (Release date: July 2016)
FishStatJ help and assistance