Country information about GM food safety assessment
Introduction national biosafety regulations:
- Currently in Côte d'Ivoire, we haven't of regulations on the GM foods.
- During inspections the rule applied is zero GM foods.
- Set apart the laboratory of biosecurity of the CNRA (National Agronomic Research Centre, research structure), we don't have a structure able to assess the safety of GM foods.
- As such, we don't able to carry out any GM food safety assessment.
- However, we have a working group on biosafety, which examine the possibilities on the establishment of a regulations on GM foods and the possibilities to have structures able to do a assessment of safety of GM food.
This working group is under the responsibility of the Ministry for the Environment and Sustainable Development, and includes representatives of:
- Ministry of Health,
- Ministry of Agriculture,
- Ministry of Scientific Research
- Ministry of Industry,
- Ministry of Commerce,
- Ministry of Animal Productions and Fish resources
- Association of Consumers
Relevant links to documents and information prepared by the competent authority responsible for the safety assessment
Information on stacked events
Contact details of the competent authority(s) responsible for the safety assessment and the product applicant: