- Currently in Côte d'Ivoire, we haven't of regulations on the GM foods.
- During inspections the rule applied is zero GM foods.
- Set apart the laboratory of biosecurity of the CNRA (National Agronomic Research Centre, research structure), we don't have a structure able to assess the safety of GM foods.
- As such, we don't able to carry out any GM food safety assessment.
- However, we have a working group on biosafety, which examine the possibilities on the establishment of a regulations on GM foods and the possibilities to have structures able to do a assessment of safety of GM food.
This working group is under the responsibility of the Ministry for the Environment and Sustainable Development, and includes representatives of:
- Ministry of Health,
- Ministry of Agriculture,
- Ministry of Scientific Research
- Ministry of Industry,
- Ministry of Commerce,
- Ministry of Animal Productions and Fish resources
- Association of Consumers
Structure for GM food safety assessment:
Contact details of the competent authority(s) responsible for the safety assessment and the product applicant:
GM food safety assessment guidelines:
Conduct of GM food safety assessment:
Supplemental information on the implementation:
Regulation of stacked events:
Supplemental information on the stacked events:
Production and trade
GM food/feed production:
GM food/feed imports:
Supplemental information on the production and trade:
Supplemental information on the LLP/AP incidents:
Supplemental information on the Labelling requirement:
Relevant links to documents and information prepared by the competent authority responsible for the safety assessment