The Facility is developing information services to facilitate the exchange of information and knowledge relevant to nfp processes worldwide. Information exchange is being facilitated through meeting, workshops, communities of practice and consultations, together with Internet based media.
The Facility's information services are designed to provide information delivery, methods of information exchange and information processing. The key outputs of the information services are:
- networks are established and functioning between providers and users of nfp related information; communities of practice around specific nfp related themes and issues are established;
- expanded and user friendly electronic forest information systems are established and operating and continuously updated
- targeted information is provided by different (incl. non-electronic) means to nfp-stakeholders on specific themes and issues of high relevance for them;
- nfp related information and knowledge is shared between countries and regions;
- information on issues and resolutions coming out of the IPF/IFF/UNFF process related to implementation of nfp is made easier to grasp by and communicated pro-actively to nfp practitioners in partner countries;
- financial institutions and donors are using nfp related information made available by the Facility to assist forestry sector development in developing countries.