Foris WebDev - Page content types
How-to Comments moduleThe comments module is used for a number of tasks, the most important being:
- moderating a comment thread
- closing a comment thread
- changing the responsible moderator
Details on how to carry out these are all given on this page. Before any work can be done on a thread, it has to be found and selected, as seen below.
Finding a comments threadA thread can be located in a number of ways:
- By free text search on its name, either alone or in combination with:
- restricting threads listed to those being open
- restricting threads listed to having [logged in user] as moderator
- restricting threads listed to being those with unread comments
Filtering records in the result section is done in real-time, as letters are entered in the search box. There is no need pressing enter, to activate the search. The same is true when restricting what to be shown/searched within. The result changes immediately when the check boxes are altered.Comments module - selecting comment thread window
Results columnsName: - name of the thread as given in WebDev.
Moderator: - name of the person responsible for moderating the thread.
# Total: - total number of comments.
# Unread: - number of comments, not yet read by the moderator.
# Warnings: - number of comments having been reported as abusive.
Note, it possible to sort on all columns (up/down).
Click anywhere in the row, showing the thread you are interested in.