Forest adaptation 2008 conference - sessions
Wood Use as a Building Material -- Environmental Advantages?
Katsuhiko Takata, Akita Prefectural University , JAPAN
Dave Cown (Scion - Forest Research Institute Ltd, Rotorua, New Zealand)
This session will cover the use of solid wood products in buildings from the point of view of view of carbon sequestration and CO2 emissions through life cycle analysis of wood and substitution products.
- Sylvain Labbé (Québec Wood Export Bureau): The public perception and marketing aspects of climate change, green building and forest products.
- Robert Beauregard (Faculté de foresterie et de géomatique, Université Laval, Québec, Canada): Scientific aspects of using wood for climate change mitigation.
- Leif Gustavsson and Roger Sathre: Low-energy wood-framed buildings heated with bio-based CHP plants
- A. Kawanabe, N. Akita, T. Seike, Y. Ijima and K. Takata (Akita Pref. University and University of Tokyo):LCA analysis of timber house construction in japan: Focusing on calculating LC CO2 in basic materials.
- Barbara Nebell and Simon Love (Scion, New Zealand): A New Zealand supply chain research strategy for green buildings and the potential impact on climate change.