Communication tools for enhanced visibility
The development of new communication tools is crucial to enhance visibility of Mediterranean Forests in several international fora, particularly in the context of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM).
Concerning communication tools and visibility, the Working Group 6 is committed to reaching the following outcomes:
- A clear situation of the financial resources mobilised for Sustainable Management of Mediterranean forests by the partners of Silva Mediterranea (Bilateral/Multilateral Projects/Programmes);
- A Newsletter of Silva Mediterranea (four per year) regularly published with special focus on working groups activities (Work Plan 2009-2012), with regular updating of the Silva Mediterranea website;
- A Mediterranean Forest Week organised every year in a member country of Silva Mediterranea with the other regional partners (EFIMED, AIFM, Plan Bleu, CIHEAM, WWF MEDPO, IUCN, etc.);
- A State of the Mediterranean Forest regularly published (every four/five years) by FAO Silva Mediterranea and other regional partners, such as EFIMED, Plan Bleu, WWF, IUCN;
- Participatory evaluation of working groups’ activities and medium term review of work plan 2009-2012 during 2011.
In particular, besides website updating and Silva Mediterranea Newsletters regular publication, the following main activities have been carried out:
- For a global evaluation of the financial resources mobilised for the forest sector in the Mediterranean a database of projects, programmes and trust funds has been built;
- The first State of the Mediterranean Forest (concept) will be published by the end of 2011, while the FRA 2010 data and country reports are available since June 2010;
- The Second Mediterranean Forest Week (leaflet) will take place from the 5th to the 8th of April 2011 in Avignon.