Fire management - existing international agreements
Canada / Ghana
Name of the Agreement and date
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Government of the Republic of Ghana and the Government of the Province of British Columbia
- Signed on June 1999
- Province of British Columbia (Canada)
Formalization of the desire and commitment to collaborate in:
- Exchange of information on wildfire suppression technology and expertise.
- Identification, planning and execution of professional training programmes and study tours on specific aspects of fire management
- Consultation services and policy analysis by experts with a view to assisting the participants to improve fire suppression programmes
- Exchange of technical information, specifically, the principles, policy and procedures used to implement and manage a fire management programme.
- Other projects and initiatives that may be identified to be of assistance to either party to this agreement.
Information and Coordination
- This cooperative Agreement and any other projects agreed to under it will be the responsibility of the Director, Fire Protection, Ministry of Forest, Province of British Columbia and the Technical Director, Ministry of Lands and Forestry, Republic of Ghana.
Personnel and Equipment
- Each organization will be responsible for the expenditures required to support the management of this Agreement unless otherwise agreed.
Liabilities, Claims and Compensations
Limited territorial application
Operating plans / Guidelines
Interpretation and Settlement of disputes
Entry into force, duration, termination and withdrawal
- This Agreement may be canceled by either party upon giving 30 days notice in writing.
last updated: Friday, June 28, 2002