Online event on agroforestry and climate change
FAO is organizing an on-line learning event on “Agroforestry for Food Security and Climate Change”, from 5th to 26 February 2013. The co-organizers are MICCA Programme from Natural Resources Department and FAO Agroforestry Programme from Forestry Department. Find hereby the hyperlinks to the Second announcement and the Final Programme. Websites of the learning event: http://www.fao.org/forestry/en/ or www.fao.org/climatechange/micca/79527
The main objectives are:
- To facilitate the exchange of knowledge on agroforestry and its role and potential for climate change mitigation, adaptation and food security.
- To gather recommendations for agroforestry policy mechanisms, practices and strategic decision making, with specific considerations regarding the implementation of the Agroforestry Guidelines: Advancing Agroforestry on the Policy Agenda – A guide for decision-makers.
- To contribute to the background document of the International Conference Forests for Food Security and Nutrition (Rome, Italy, 13 to 15 May, 2013).
There will be 4 webinars of 90 minutes each, which will cover the following topics: 15:30–17:00 (Rome Time - GMT +1)
- Agroforestry for food security and climate change – Setting the objectives of the learning event on Tuesday, 5 February
- Cases of emerging opportunities for agroforestry in the context of climate change – Intersectoral dialogue, policies and practices on Tuesday, 12 February
- Governance, economics and financing for climate-smart agroforestry on Thursday, 14 February
- Recommendations to the International Conference on Forests for Food Security and Nutrition on Tuesday, 19 February