What we do
FAO, together with partners – forest related government bodies, international, regional and national organizations, local communities and authorities, NGOs, research institutions and networks – is working to:
- Raise awareness of theimportanceof arid zone forests and their contribution to food security;
- Mobilize appropriate investments for conservation, enhancement of social, economic and environmental values of drylands forests;
- Develop and implement strategies, guidelines and tools for sustainable forest management, rehabilitation of degraded lands and combating desertification;
- Enhance collaboration and dialogue with a wide range of partners and actors and countries through the organization of events and workshops;
- Develop and implement projects for rehabilitation of degraded lands as well as conservation and sustainable management of arid zone forests.
last updated: Thursday, June 20, 2013