Europe and Central Asia Forest Communicators Network
The UNECE/FAO Forest Communicators' Network (FCN) is the longest established network. It was set up by the UNECE Timber Committee and the FAO European Forestry Commission (EFC) almost 20 years ago. The network consists of more than 160 people from some 20 countries and 10 international organisations and institutions.
While there is often informal ongoing dialogue between members the network also meets annually.
Its objectives are:
- To improve the ability of the forest and forest products sector to communicate effectively, within and outside the sector;
- Provide a forum for international interaction and cooperation in forest related communications; and
- Develop professionalism of forest communicators by introducing and encouraging state of the art communication approaches.
The current work programme includes
- Updating the European forest communication strategy;
- Carrying out a gap analyses of existing opinion research and make proposals for improving monitoring and regular analyses on public perception concerning forests, their management and related products;
- Building on the European Forest Pedagogics Concept based on best practice examples, common principles and quality standards for forest related environmental education;
- Providing PR advice to TC/EFC bureaus and joint secretariat, to the Team of Specialists on Forest Products Markets an Marketing as well as to other Teams of Specialists on request
The network welcomes anyone working in the area of forest communications, regardless of their qualifications or experience.
To join or find out more please contact the Team Leader, Ingwald Gschwandtl: Ingwald.GSCHWANDTL@lebensministerium.at