Global Group on Forest Communication
The Global Group on Forest Communication was formed by FAO to improve communication on forest issues and facilitate capacity development among the regional networks.
| || |
- assist coordination among regional networks
- identify shared opportunities to raise awareness on forest issues across the regions;
- help promote the importance of communication to policy makers, stakeholders and decision makers;
- provide various means of exchange of ideas, information, advice and expertise;
- provide expertise on global and regional communication issues.;
- advance the exchange of experience among regional networks; and
- promote best practices in forest communication in these networks.
Ways of working
- acts as a think tank or advisory panel;
- works mainly online and works together as resources allow;
- identifies international events at which to organise strategic meetings; and
- shares information to and from the regional networks.
All members of the group work in a voluntary capacity and are invited to join the group by FAO to represent the regional networks.
Members include (from left to right):
- Barbara Tucker
African Network Communication Officer, Working for Forests Environmental Programmes, Department of Environmental Affairs, South Africa
- Colin Morton
International facilitator, Head of Communications Delivery, Forestry Commission, UK
- Caroline Liou
Asia/Pacific Network, Communication Manager, The Center for People and Forests, Thailand
- Kai Lintunen
Deputy Leader of the FAO-UNECE Forest Communicators Network and Head of International Communications, Finnish Forest Association, Finland
- Maria De Cristofaro
Outreach and Capacity Building Officer, Forestry Department, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Italy
- Patricia Sfeir
Mediterranean and Near East Network, Manager, Rural Development Programs, Seeds International, Lebanon
- Raul Perez Albrecht
Latin America and the Caribbean Forest Communicators Network, Focal Point, Bolivia
- Ingwald Gschwandtl
Leader of the FAO-UNECE Forest Communicators Network and Head of Division, Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management, Austria
The group reports to the Communications and Outreach Officer, Forestry Department, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.