Global Group on Forest Communication
The Global Group on Forest Communication was formed by FAO to improve communication on forest issues and facilitate capacity development among the regional networks.
| || |
- provides expertise on global and regional communication issues;
- advances the exchange of experience among regional networks;
- promotes best practices in forest communication in these networks;
- assists with coordination among the regional networks;
- provides various means of exchange of ideas, information, advice and expertise;
- identifies opportunities to raise awareness on forest issues; and
- promotes the importance of communication to policy makers, stakeholders and decision makers.
Ways of working
- acts as a think tank or advisory panel;
- works mainly online and works together as resources allow;
- identifies international events at which to organise strategic meetings; and
- shares information to and from the regional networks.
Members of the group represent their network at the invitation of FAO and work in a voluntary capacity.
Members include (from left to right):
- Kay Montgomery
Communication Officer, Working for Forests Environmental Programmes, Department of Environmental Affairs, South Africa
- Colin Morton
International facilitator, Head of Communications Delivery, Forestry Commission, UK
- Caroline Liou
Asia/Pacific Network, Communication Manager, The Center for People and Forests, Thailand
- Kai Lintunen
FAO/UNECE Network, Communication Manager, Finnish Forest Association, Finland
- Maria De Cristofaro
Communications and Outreach Officer, Forestry Department, FAO of the United Nations
- Patricia Sfeir
Mediterranean and Near East Network, Manager, Rural Development Programs, Seeds International, Lebanon
- Alvaro Sanchez
Latin American Network, Communication Officer, Costa Rica
- Ingwald Gschwandtl
FAO/UNECE Network Director, Forestry, Environment and Water Management, Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Austria