Global Group on Forest Communication
The Global Group on Forest Communication was formed by FAO to improve communication on forest issues and facilitate capacity development among the regional networks.
| || |
- assist coordination among regional networks
- identify shared opportunities to raise awareness on forest issues across the regions;
- help promote the importance of communication to policy makers, stakeholders and decision makers;
- provide various means of exchange of ideas, information, advice and expertise;
- provide expertise on global and regional communication issues.;
- advance the exchange of experience among regional networks; and
- promote best practices in forest communication in these networks.
Ways of working
- acts as a think tank or advisory panel;
- works mainly online and works together as resources allow;
- identifies international events at which to organise strategic meetings; and
- shares information to and from the regional networks.
All members of the group work in a voluntary capacity and are invited to join the group by FAO to represent the regional networks.
Members include (from left to right):
- Kay Montgomery
Communication Officer, Working for Forests Environmental Programmes, Department of Environmental Affairs, South Africa
- Colin Morton
International facilitator, Head of Communications Delivery, Forestry Commission, UK
- Caroline Liou
Asia/Pacific Network, Communication Manager, The Center for People and Forests, Thailand
- Kai Lintunen
FAO/UNECE Network, Communication Manager, Finnish Forest Association, Finland
- Maria De Cristofaro
Communications and Outreach Officer, Forestry Department, FAO of the United Nations
- Patricia Sfeir
Mediterranean and Near East Network, Manager, Rural Development Programs, Seeds International, Lebanon
- Alvaro Sanchez
Latin American Network, Communication Officer, Costa Rica
- Ingwald Gschwandtl
FAO/UNECE Network Director, Forestry, Environment and Water Management, Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Austria
The group reports to the Communications and Outreach Officer, Forestry Department FAO of the United Nations.