Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA)
|Name:||Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia|
|URL to homepage:||http://www.escwa.org.lb/|
- To monitor and survey economic and social development trends of the Member States;
- To enhance cooperation among Member States through harmonization of the relevant norms, standards and legislative instruments in:
- economic area especially in dealing with economic reform and liberalization policies as they impact various development sectors;
- social development through the implementation of the recommendations of global conferences;
- management of natural resources and environment.
- To assist Member States in human and institutional capacity building.
Relevance to forests by key words
Sustainable development, capacity building, regional cooperation, environmental conservation, preventing and reversing forest and land degradation