Community-based forest enterprise development
Forest Connect - Objectives and expected outputs
The central aim of this project is to connect SMFEs to:
- national forest programmes (empowering SMFEs to be heard by policy makers);
- emerging markets (by supporting existing SMFE associations) and;
- service providers (strengthening their capacity to provide training and finance).
The expected project outputs are:
- development of functional and stable information services and support networks for SMFEs in six countries – testing and adapting models for connecting SMFEs to national forest programmes, markets and service providers.
- development of an information ‘toolkit’ based on practical experience that guides national forest programmes on how to set up an SMFE information service / support network to support the economic, social and environmental sustainability of SMFEs.
- testing, applying and revising the toolkit in partner countries and national forest programme facility countries to maximise the worldwide potential of such information services and support networks for SMFEs.
The project has been implemented to date in Burkina Faso, China, Ethiopia, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Guatemala, Guyana, Laos, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique and Nepal.
last updated: Friday, April 27, 2012