Forest genetic resources
Access to FAO
Access to FAO Headquarters is restricted to persons in possession of a valid building pass.
Please note that, the building pass will be valid for the entire duration of the meeting but participants will be, nonetheless, required to access FAO through the metal detectors at the visitors’ gate.
If you are a Representative of an FAO Member Country you will have to register through the online registration which is accessible through the password-protected FAO Permanent Representatives Website (PRWS). Instructions for online registration can be downloaded from the PRWS. Please note that online registration requires the uploading of a recent passport-size digital photograph.
If you are a Representative of an International Observer Organization you should complete the following Registration Form and send it by e-mail to FO-ITWG-FGR@fao.org together with a recent passport-size digital photograph.
- Photo must be in colour, featuring a frontal view of head and shoulders, similar to a passport photo
- Photo must have a light or neutral background and show very little of the background above and on either side of the head
- No hats, sunglasses or accessories that obscure your face
- Photo must be in digital JPEG (.jpg or .jpeg) format
- Photos should also have a width to height ratio of approximately 3:4. In other words, a photo that is 2 cm wide should be approximately 2.5 cm high.
Participants requiring visas must obtain these from the Italian Consulate or competent Diplomatic Mission in their country before leaving for Rome. Visa applications must be submitted well in advance of departure, as up to three weeks may be required for an Italian visa to be issued. Exclusively those participants travelling from a country where there is no Italian Consulate or other competent Diplomatic Mission may obtain a visa on arrival in Rome, provided that they advise the Secretariat of the meeting of their full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, issue and expiry dates, flight number, date and hour of arrival and their full travel itinerary, which must not include any other Schengen country. This information must reach FAO at least three weeks before the arrival of participants to permit the Protocol Branch to request that a visa be issued at Rome airport. Participants failing to comply with the above will not be allowed to enter Italy by the Italian authorities.