International Poplar Commission
Working Party on Policy, Communication and Outreach
- Chairperson: Ms. Barbara Thomas (Canada)
- Vice-Chairperson: Mr. Raju Soolanayakanahally (Canada)
The mandate of the new working party will be to facilitate the transfer of knowledge and technology particularly from researchers (scientists and academics to practitioners, policy makers, donors, the public) and provide outreach for working parties 1-5. Specifically, the mandate will be to support National Poplar Commissions and provide wider support to the IPC membership.
The programme of action for 2016-2020 includes:
- Attract membership of interested parties;
- Establish links to other working parties;
- Establish a web-portal on IPC website;
- Provide links to existing policy documents broken down by: Region – Country (members and non-members) – State/Province/etc;
- Provide a repository of current policy barriers to provide direction on research needs for different regions of the world; and
- Provide ‘News Flashes’ to all IPC members and National Commissions when new information is loaded to the IPC website (relating to all working parties);
- Develop a template for ‘Highlight Sheets’ - 2-page fact sheet with take home messages from science outcomes.