Sustainable forest management, monitoring, assessment and reporting in Asia-Pacific
Project activities at NATIONAL LEVEL
- Establishment of MOU with selected countries including nomination of National Project Coordinators and setting up of National Steering Committees.
- Identification of major stakeholders in MAR on SFM in the selected project countries and at the regional level.
- Conducting studies and trainings workshops at sub-regional and national levels for:
- raising awareness of relevant national personnel
- developing country reports using the framework and the guidelines to review the information
- identification of issues and measures relating to MAR for SFM
- Organizing sub-regional and national levels workshops to initiate establishment of an effective national and regional MAR on SFM with initiation of activities like:
- harmonization of definition of terms
- identification of alternative approaches for data compilation and review.
- building capacities by providing alternative basic methodologies for review of forest policies and linking them with national planning processes.
- Organizing sub-regional and national levels workshops to promote the establishment of a national and regional database of information on internationally harmonized elements or variables that facilitate:
- appropriate description of the status and
- assessment and review of trends in national forest management and policies
- Organizing sub-regional and national levels workshops to facilitate the development of an information-sharing network of:
- regional focal points of various forest related agencies and processes
- national focal points of various forest related agencies and processes
- project focal point and
- other relevant stakeholders
Go back toProject activities
last updated: Tuesday, May 30, 2006