Committee on Mediterranean Forestry Questions-Silva Mediterranea
Over 90 years of Mediterranean forest management
Working group on Forest fire
During the working session of April 2002, the Committee recommended that the rigid structure of Silva Mediterranea networks should be replaced by a more flexible and dynamic setting of working groups on identified items and for a specified time frame. The working group would have a clear mandate, objectives and outputs. The first Working Groups established were those on Forest Fires and Cork Oak.
Objectives for the period 2017-2020
This current WG1 work plan continues with some of the objectives and actions identified in the previous work plans since some of them are medium and long term objectives.
1. Enhance international cooperation
2. Integration of fire prevention in forest programs and in adaptation strategies to climate change
3. Promote Knowledge and training on wildfires
4. Enhance harmonized information systems to deal with new wildfire risks
5. Cooperation with other working groups within Silva Mediterranea