Urban and Peri-urban Forestry
Other resources and documents
Selected scientific journals
- Arboricultural Journal: The International Journal of Urban Forestry
- Arboriculture & Urban Forestry
- Canadian Journal of Forest Research
- Journal of Forestry
- Landscape and Urban Planning
- Urban Forestry & Urban Greening
Publications in collaboration with FAO1
- "Urban and Peri-urban Forestry for Sustainable Urban Development" by Cecil C. Konijnendijk, Syaka Sadio, Thomas B. Randrup and Jasper Schipperijn. Paper presented at the World Forestry Congress, Québec, Canada, September 2003.
- “Urban Agriculture Magazine. Trees and Cities - Growing Together Urban and Periurban Agroforestry” RUAF Foundation, December 2004.
- “Urban Forestry for Multifunctional Urban Land Use” by Cecil C. Konijnendijk and M. Gauthier. Chapter 14 of the RUAF publication “Cities Farming for the Future; Urban Agriculture for Green and Productive Cities” by René van Veenhuizen (Ed.), RUAF Foundation, the Netherlands, IDRC, Canada and IIRR publishers, the Philippines, 2006, 460 pages.
- "Cities Feeding People - An Examination of Urban Agriculture in East Africa" by Egziabher et al. International Development Research Centre, 1994.
- "COST E12-Urban forests and trees - technical annex" by European Cooperation in Science and Technology.
- "Urban Forests and Trees: A Reference Book" by Konijnendijk, C.C., Nilsson, K., Randrup, Th.B., Schipperijn, J. (Eds.), Springer Science & Business Media, 2005, 520 pages.
- “Annotated Bibliography on Urban Agriculture” prepared for the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida) by ETC - Urban Agriculture Programme in cooperation with TUAN and other organisations, 2001.
- “Cities Farming for the Future: Urban Agriculture for Green and Productive Cities” edited by René van Veenhuizen, IDRC, 2006.
- “Exploring relationships between peri-urban woodlands and people’s health and well-being” by Liz O’Brien, Jake Morris, Amy Stewart. The Research Agency of the Forestry Commission, UK, 2012.
- “Promoting the Integration of Agroforestry in Urban and Periurban Kisumu” by Sammy Carsan, UA-Magazine, 2004.
- “Trees Matter! Bringing lasting benefits to people in towns” by National Urban Forestry Unit and Trees for Cities, 2005.
- “Urban Forest Development in West Africa: Benefits and Challenges” by Joseph A. Fuwape and Jonathan C. Onyekwelu. Journal of Biodiversity and Ecological Sciences, 2010.
- “Urban forestry and its relevance to tourism development in Sabah” by Y.F. Lee, J. Ligunjang & S.C. Yong, Forestry Department, Sabah, Malaysia. Paper presented in the Asia Europe Meeting (ASEM) Symposium on Urban Forestry, Suzhou & Beijing, China, November 29 – December 3, 2004.
- “Urban Forestry for Multifunctional Urban Land Use” by Cecil Konijnendijk and Michelle Gauthier, Agroforestry Net, 2008.
- “Urban forestry research in Europe: an overview” by Cecil C. Konijnendijk, Thomas B. Randrup & Kjell Nilsson, Journal of Arboriculture 26(3): May 2000.
- “Urban Forestry: Urbanisation and Greening of Indian Cities – Efforts for Green Delhi” by Rama Shankar Sinha, Director, Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. Assignment: Mid Career Training Programme (MCT) Phase IV for Indian Forest Officers, TERI University, 2013.
- “Urban trees in arid landscapes: Multipurpose urban forestry for local needs in developing countries” by Guido Kuchelmeister, AridLands Newsletters, 1997.
1 The links are provided only when documents are available free. These links are provided for reference and do not imply any endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation.
last updated: Monday, July 28, 2014