In order to foster the exchange of information and provide a meeting place for nations, FAO coordinates regional movements and networks.
Silva Mediterrannea Working Group on Urban and peri-urban forestry (WG7)
Reference framework: Committee on Mediterranean Forestry Questions - Silva Mediterranea
Scope: strengthen the relationships among Mediterranean countries regarding the green infrastructures and urban forests towards the development of a networking strategy addressed to build a common vision for implementing UPF in the region.
- develop a regional Urban and Peri-urban Mediterranean Partnership aimed at allowing theexchange of valuable information and experiences on the state of Mediterranean urban forest (as a component of the broader concept of Green Infrastructures) in the region;
- consolidate the horizontal partnership (Northern-Eastern-Southern-Western countries) and the vertical dialogue (north-south) between decision makers, scientists, technicians and associations in order to build a strategic and common vision of Green Infrastructure and Urban Forests (UFs) and raise the visibility of UPF up on the local agendas of Mediterranean countries;
- build a regional partnership to improve Mediterranean North-South networking in general, and countries’ policy networking in particular;
- raise local and regional awareness of citizens and stakeholders on the benefits and incomes related to the presence and good management of forests and green in and around cities.
- VI Workshop: 7-8 November 2016 - Castelfranco Veneto, Trieste, Italy Agenda
- V Workshop: 30-31 May 2016 - Ljubljana, Slovenia Agenda
- IV Workshop: 2-3 November 2015 - Rome, Italy Agenda Report
- III Workshop: 16 March 2015 - Barcelona, Spain Agenda Report
- II Workshop: 20 November 2014 - Rome, Italy Report
- Launching Workshop: 22-23 May 2014 - Granada, Spain Agenda Report
For more information: please visit the the dedicated webpage.
Granada (Spain), May 2014.
last updated: Thursday, November 3, 2016