FSN Forum policy dialogues: Contributing to food security and nutrition policy processes at country and regional level
FAO’s Global Forum on Food Security and Nutrition (FSN Forum) is organizing the two-day workshop “FSN Forum policy dialogues: contributing to food security and nutrition policy processes at country and regional level”, in Rome on 10-11 December 2015.
The workshop aims to strengthen the impact of online policy dialogues on the design, implementation and monitoring of food security and nutrition policies and processes. In addition, it will identify ways forward for a stronger engagement of decision-makers in multi-stakeholders policy debates on food security and nutrition and enhance linkages and synergies for FAO regional initiatives and projects via the FSN Forum’s global and regional platforms.
The workshop will include a mix of plenary and parallel (breakout) group sessions to allow for comparison and mutual exchange between the regional groups as well as for focused, in-depth reflection on the specificities of each regional network. Simultaneous English–French and English–Russian translation will be provided.
Presentations and discussions will be based on three pillars:
- Food security and nutrition policies;
- Engaging stakeholders and key decision-makers into FSN policy processes in specific geographic areas;
- Building partnerships and expanding expert communities.
Participants will include selected active and potential FSN Forum members from all regions (especially from the platforms in West Africa and in Europe and Central Asia, but also members from Asia, Latin America and Near East) and subject matter specialists and partners from FAO HQ, regional and country offices. Many FAO officers will take part in specific sessions.
We look forward to an enjoyable and fruitful workshop!
PRESENTATIONS OF THE WORKSHOP
- Welcoming remarks by Rob Vos, Director ESA, FAO
Session 1: How is FAO's work on policy and governance contributing to the eradication of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition?
- How is FAO renewing and strenghtening policy support
Mr Michael Clark, Senior Coordinator, Policy and Governance Unit, ESD, FAO
- FAO’s role in enabling effective food security and nutrition policies
Mr Mark McGuire, Senior Programme Coordinator, SO1 team member, ESD, FAO
- Role of the Global Forum on Food Security and Nutrition in support of policies processes and programmes on food security and nutrition
Mr Max Blanck, Policy Officer, FSN Forum, ESA, FAO
Session 2: How can policies and programmes on food security and nutrition benefit from participation of global, regional and national stakeholders?
- Policy processes and multistakeholder dialogues in the field of food security and nutrition
at global scale
Ms Cordelia Salter, Communication Coordinator, Committee on World Food Security, FAO
- Multistakeholder consultative process contributes to the food security and nutrition global agenda
Mr Vincent Gitz, Former Coordinator, High Level Panel of Experts on Food Security and Nutrition (HLPE), FAO-HQ
- FAO Regional priorities and FSN policy processes in Africa
Mr. Mauricio Mireles, Regional Project Coordinator; FAO Regional Office for Africa (RAF), Accra
- FAO Regional priorities and FSN policy processes in Europe and Central Asia
Ms Eleonora Dupouy, Food safety and consumer protection officer; SO1 focal point; FAO Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU), Budapest
- FAO Regional priorities and FSN policy processes in the Near East and North Africa
Mr. Mohamed Aw-Dahir, Food Systems Economist, Regional Office for the Near East and North Africa (RNE), Cairo
- FAO Regional priorities and FSN policy processes in Latin America and the Caribbean
Mr. Giovanni Carrasco, FSN Policies Consultant and Ms. Maria José Coloma, Nutrition Consultant, FAO Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (RLC), Santiago
- Policy processes on nutrition education
Ms. Melissa Vargas, Nutrition Consulant, FAO
Session 4: Engaging stakeholders and key decision-makers into FSN policy processes
- Engaging stakeholders and key decision-makers at global and country level in IPC
Ms Cindy Holleman, IPC Global Programme Manager, ESA, FAO
- Engaging stakeholders and key decision-makers into APEC interregional FSN policy processes
Prof. Fengying Nie, Director, International Division at the Agriculture Information Institute of the Academy of Agricultural Sciences, China
- Engaging stakeholders and key decision-makers into regional and national food security and nutrition policy processes
Mr Clemens Breisinger, Senior Research Fellow, Country Program Leader, Development Strategy and Governance Division, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Egypt
- Engaging stakeholders and key decision-makers into nutrition policy processes at sub-regional level
Ms Sangeetha Rajeesh, Research Uptake Manager and Communication Specialist, M S Swaminathan Research Foundation, India
- Engaging stakeholders and key decision-makers into FSN policy processes at country level
Mr Alexander Makeev, Eurasian Center for Food Security (ECFS), Moscow State University, Russia