I thank FAO for this noble initiative. The draft is very useful and informative.
Following are some of my comments;
1. Little more narration under certain sections may be helpful for easy understanding, interpretation and its uniform application. For example, under training need assessment and capacity building support, FAO can think about defining the roles of different stakeholders in this exercise as well as a standard methodology for undertaking the same.
2. Some good practices can be included under specific sections viz. institutional collaboration or inter-sectoral collaboration.
3. Possible inclusion of a set of training modules for different stakeholders.
4. Involvement of village level trained youth volunteers in the monitoring exercise.
5. Formation of a National Level Task Force (20-25 members) to execute planning & monitoring exercise. The Task Force shall be well represented by Senior Forest Officials, Policy Makers, Scientists, Subject Matter Specialists, Social Experts, Consultants and Experts from Private sector and Civil Society Organisations.
6. Adequate space for participation of Community Based Organisations (viz. Forest Rights Committees or Van Panchayats/VSS in India).
Once again thanks for this opportunity.