Launch of the IPC Strategic Programme and Vision
Online Virtual Event , 27 Feb 2014, from 10:00 to 12:00 am (UTC+01:00)
The Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC) Global Strategic Programme and Vision (2014-2016), will be launched on February 27, 2014 through a webcasting and video conferencing event, from 10:00 to 12:00am.
Keynote speakers from the IPC Partner Agencies and Regional Inter-governmental Bodies will present the longer-term breakthrough approach to IPC rollout and implementation at all levels in 2014-2016.
Live presentations will focus on the top priorities of the IPC Global Strategic Programme:
- IPC Institutionalization and Partnership at all levels;
- Consolidated and expanded capacity in IPC Acute Food Insecurity Analysis;
- Rollout of the IPC versions 1.0 Chronic Food Insecurity Classification;
- Piloting of the IPC version 1.0 of the Nutrition Classification;
- IPC Quality Review and Compliance Process; and,
- as ultimate goal, uptake of IPC analysis into decision-making and response analysis process.
For more information about the Launch, please look at the attached tentative agenda of the event. The final event programme and more information about IPC Global Strategic Programme will be posted shortly on the IPC website.
The link to attend the live presentations in English, French and Spanish will be available on the IPC website on the day of the event. The core panel will be hosted by FAO-HQs Rome, Italy, and connected with delegates from the Regions and key stakeholders.