On behalf of the Council for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD), I wish to express my strong support to the Food Security Information Network (FSIN, and I am very pleased and honoured to be in the network which is useful, I think, to better communicate the cross-cutting issue of food security globally. In response to the current topic, I wish to provide small contribution as follows.
There two main information gaps in Cambodia:
1. weak communication between: (a)technical people and decision/policy makers and (b) national and sub-national levels
2. limited coordination of the food security-relatd information systems/invitiatives. To fill the above mentioned gaps, the Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) has taken several measures including:
(1) Establishment of coordination mechanism (creation of Food Security Forum and Technical Working Group on Food Security and Nutrition;
(2) Creation of a Food Security and Nutrition Information System (Website: www.foodsecurity.gov.kh);
(3) Establishment of Food Security and Nutrition Information Management Task Force consisting of representative from government institutions, development partner agencies and NGOs. The Task Force aims at improving the coordination of various information systems and initiatives related to food security and nutrition; and
(4) Creation of Food Security and Nutrition Data Analysis Team (FSN-DAT)
However, there is a need to strengthen the existing systems and structure, and develop the capacity of the key actors in the systems, especially the capacity of the FSN-DAT needs to be strengthened so that they can have better skills to analyze food security-related data and information.
I would very much welcome any comments or questions.
To join this consultation, please enter your comments below or write to email@example.com
After approval by the moderator your contribution will be displayed online ad will be added to the consultation's proceedings.
This FSN Forum discussion is technically supported by FAO, IFPRI and WFP.
The FSIN is supported by
the European Commission and USAID.