This member participated in the following discussions
sustainable use of renewable natural resources - to achieve the target, we have to improve the efficiency of the fertilizers and fertilizer practises by continuous research and developments and innovation. we must take into focus the balanced and targeted fertilization to improve the efficiency. we have to improve the organic of the soil to boost the root and the efficiency of the nutrient uptake the crop. Solutions - Crop based Balanced Fertilization on soil test based northernfertilizer.org
Sustainable use of natural resources
New approaches to fertilization: Achieving sustainable agriculture
To feed the growing population of the world it is essential to increase the agricultural production radically, we do not have unlimited sources and one planet so we must think in long term period.
That means we must be responsible for the economic, the environmental and social requirements of the sustainable agriculture as well.
To achieve the target, we have to improve the efficiency of the fertilizers and fertilizer practices by continuous research and developments and innovation.
We must take into focus the balanced and targeted fertilization to improve the efficiency .we have to improve the organic activity of the soil to boost the root and the efficiency of the nutrient uptake the crop.
YPARD Bangladesh initiates Agriculture for Nutrition (Ag4N) network
YPARD Bangladesh with the support from INGENAES, (Integrating Gender and Nutrition within Agricultural Extension Services), a USAID funded project, is taking up the initiative to establish a National Network on Agriculture for Nutrition (Ag4N) for the scientists, experts, researchers, students and young professionals who are working on nutrition-based agriculture in the country. This platform would be helping in networking and sharing information and knowledge that might be a great support for identifying the challenges of food and nutritional security in the country and developing sustainable solutions for it as well. Moreover, this networking community would be a focal platform for cooperating national development activities through participation in policy level dialogues while providing an opportunity for youth to contribute with innovative ideas.
Purpose of the agriculture for nutrition platform in Bangladesh:
- To inspire youth engaged learn to share.
- Cultivate leadership, create opportunity for leadership.
- Create a platform for nutrition based networking.
- Knowledge and technology dissemination.
- Knowledge sharing and networking.
- Raising awareness about food security and nutrition.
- To involved multi background young people.
- To disseminate what we have for Ag 4 N.
- To encourage young people engage.
- To promote nutrition sensitive knowledge to mass people.
- To incorporate civil society and political persons to the table.
- To promote WASH-Nutrition to mass people.
- To get small research funding from Ypard or associated institutions.
- Youth involvement an nutrition based agriculture.
- Creating awareness about food nutrition to the community.
- Sharing knowledge and resources to take initiative to future nutrition management in
- To share knowledge and exchange idea among widen audiences to achieves SDG through
sustainable agri intensification via climate smart crop production (a plant needs organic
fertilizer for it to grow in a balanced way).
- To build a network with involvement of stakeholders to ensure nutritional security.
- Engagement with GO, NGO, Private sector of professional for agriculture based nutrition
movement making knowledge sharing platform.
- Thinking and Talking, Change minds, new ways.
The smart agriculture in Bangladesh
The Ministry of Agriculture usually deals with the crop sector, but agriculture is a multi-sectoral subject that also includes the participation of fisheries, livestock, forests and agro-processing sectors. The draft policy would prioritise agricultural production, generating employment and poverty alleviation and thus ensure food security. Apart from production, agro-processing, marketing, agricultural equipment, irrigation, seeds, fertilizer and mechanisation, the role of women in agriculture and financing would also get priority in the draft National Agriculture Policy. Besides the effects of climate change and environmental pollution on the aspects of agricultural production must be taken into account and solutions formulated for optimum agricultural production and also increased income of farmers. Farmers must be trained in mechanised irrigation and use of fertilizers as also freeing surface water from pollution for proper irrigation of farmlands.
“National Organic Agriculture Policy", aimed at promoting use of "organic and balanced" fertilisers.
The policy focuses on increasing use of "organic and balanced" fertilisers to compensate for erosion and reduction of fertility of land due to use of chemical fertilisers.