Принял(ла) участие в следующих дискуссиях
QUESTION 1. WHAT ARE THE POTENTIAL ENTRY POINTS FOR GOVERNMENT TO ADDRESS CHALLENGES AND FOSTER THE DEVELOPMENT OF DIGITAL AGRICULTURE?
Lack of computer literacy for field staff in many poor countries would be a barrier. Therefore, computer literacy needs to be strengthened through rigorous trainings.
Women related Data : Chronic Gender inequality in policies, programs and social norms keep women contribution hidden as their data is often not included in surveys. Although global reports have started including data on women, it is hard to find detailed data in field level and national reports in majority of poor countries. Therefore, women should be included in data collection teams to ensure their crucial data is all inclusive.
QUESTION 2. HOW CAN THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE DIGITAL COUNCIL ADDRESS THE NUMEROUS BARRIERS TO ADOPTION OF THESE TECHNOLOGIES?
The council should be equipped with sufficient financial resources to fund capacity building and infrastructure support for poor countries.
QUESTION 3: DO YOU THINK THAT THE ROLES IDENTIFIED FOR THE DIGITAL COUNCIL ARE SUITABLE FOR FACING THE FOOD SYSTEMS CHALLENGES OUTLINED ABOVE?
It is important to add role of Digital Council in emergencies and humanitarian situation. It should provide immediate real time information and analysis that can save lives of millions of peoples in emergencies
QUESTION 4. WHAT GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE SHOULD BE IN PLACE IN ORDER FOR THE COUNCIL TO SERVE ITS PURPOSE? ACCORDING TO YOU, DO YOU THINK THE PROPOSED GOVERNANCE SCENARIO IS POLITICALLY FEASIBLE?
- DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS IN TERMS OF THE KEY ELEMENTS TO MAKE THE GOVERNANCE SCENARIO MORE EFFECTIVE? - APART FROM THIS MODEL, DO YOU HAVE OTHER PREFERRED MODELS?
In the Executive Council, heartening to note representatives from government institutions , the private sector, academia/research, donors providing financing in support of the council, and members from civil society. Nevertheless, since women and men farmers are the weakest of all the stakeholders their representation should be included in the executive council. Women leadership in the executive council will also contribute to address gender inequality.
It is crucial to have units in the council that will connect with national digital councils.
- APART FROM THIS MODEL, DO YOU HAVE OTHER PREFERRED MODELS?
It would be useful to add regional units of the council. For instance regional units of Asia, Africa, Latin America, Europe, North America can promote regional cooperation on digitalization.
1. In Chapter No. 1 it is important to mention loss of nutrition in food itself. Research in the US and Great Britain has revealed that the nutrition of fruits and vegetables has declined drastically in the last fifty years. Average calcium content declined 19 percent; iron 22 percent; and potassium 14 percent. Today one would have to eat eight oranges to derive the same amount of Vitamin A as our grandparents would have gotten from one orange.
2. In Chapter 2 under guiding principles the Voluntary Guidelines should include the correcting mechanism of pricing patterns in favour of healthy foods. According to a survey by World Bank International Comparison Program conducted in 176 countries for 657 food products, unhealthy foods are much cheaper than healthy foods in poor countries. Hence unhealthy calories are easy preference for poor communities. And these poor diets are considered as the No. 1 risk factor in the global burden of disease.
3. Paragraph 41 should add policy measures to correct patterns in favour of healthy foods and against unhealthy foods. This could be done by imposing taxes on unhealthy foods and markets corrections for healthy foods.
4. For policy measures it is also important to include research and analysis of existing nutrients in healthy foods (related to the point 1 mentioned above). Additionally, rural women and women farmers are deficient in various nutrients despite their significant contribution in food production. Policy measure should include targeting rural women and women farmers for improving their level of nutrition.
5, Voluntary Guidelines should rolled out for communities, CSOs, government and private sector through organized and concerted programs.