- Do you have any general comments on the draft political declaration and its vision (paragraphs 1-3 of the zero draft)?
- “micronutrient deficiencies have not improved” Is this correct, even with respect to IDD?
- Do you have any comments on the background and analysis provided in the political declaration (paragraphs 4-20 of the zero draft)?
- “Together with inadequate physical activity, dietary risk factors account for almost 10% of the global burden of disease and disability.” Hard to believe it’s that small.
- Congratulations on the wording of point 14. More explicit wording on actions needed to fight the promotion of unhealthy foods would be useful.
- Do you have any comments on the commitments proposed in the political declaration? In this connection, do you have any suggestions to contribute to a more technical elaboration to guide action and implementation on these commitments (paragraphs 21-23 of the zero draft)?
I think the commitments below are too general, not actionable, too related to agriculture. There needs to be explicit mention of the need to switch from product-based nutrition programming (provision of vitamin A capsules and RUSF) to programming aimed at improving diets based on local foods.
Please provide your comments in the appropriate fields relating to these commitments:
23. Commit to integrate the objectives and directions of the Ten Year Framework for Action into the post-2015 global development efforts.
I don’t see the Ten Year Framework for Action explained anywhere—indeed the draft action document does not seem to be online.