> Links > Land quality
- Convention to Combat Desertification
- The convention addressed land degradation in dryland regions,
particularly in Africa. This site contains documents from
the convention itself, the Intergovernmental Negotiating
Committee (INCD), and more.
Resources Observation System (EROS) Data Center
- The EROS Data Center (EDC) is among the largest earth
science information bases.
Land and Water Development Division (AGL)
- AGL develops and implements programmes that deal with
soil, water and plant nutrient resources assessment, conservation
Analysis Program (GAP)
- GAP provides regional assessments of the conservation
status of native vertebrate species and natural land cover
types for land management purposes.
Ridge Data Active Archive Center
- The Oak Ridge DAAC provides access to biogeochemical
dynamics data on terrestrial ecosystems.
of Maryland Global Land Cover Facility
- The GLCF facilitates the development and distribution
of land science products based upon land cover research
programmes that address critical environmental issues.
Geological Survey (USGS)
- USGS provides geologic, topographic, and hydrologic information
including descriptions and analyses of the water, energy,
and mineral resources, land surface, underlying geologic
structure, natural hazards, and dynamic processes of the