- Canada A Guide to Coastal Information
in Atlantic Canada
- Comprehensive directory of Canadian Atlantic coastal databases and mapping projects.
- Coastal Meta
- Search engine of the Cooperative Resource Centre for Coastal Zone, Estuary and
Waterway Management to determine what data are held by the centre.
- An open system architecture for integrated, distributed coastal and marine information
search and access. Under development.
Community Research and Development
Information Service - CORDIS
- CORDIS is a free service provided by the European Commission's Innovation/SMEs
programme. It offers access to a wide range of information on EU research and
innovation development activities. It can be searched for Partner organisations,
Projects, Results, Documents, Programmes, Commission documents, Publications,
Acronyms, and Contacts.
- Demonstrator for a transnational
Wadden Sea Information Service
- Provides an overview, indices and back ground information on GIS-datasets and
data source holders in the countries around the Wadden Sea. The focus is on
GIS-datasets, but coverage is planned to be expanded to other types of data
& information over the years.
at British Oceanographic Data Centre (BODC)
- The British Oceanographic Data Centre (BODC) is a component of the UK Natural
Environment Research Council's (NERC's) environmental data centre network and
has designated responsibility for marine data. Inventories and catalogues of
BODCs data holdings are available for on-line searching. The most important
is the European Directory of Marine Environmental Data (EDMED), a de-facto European
standard for indexing and searching datasets relating to the marine environment.
It covers a wide range of disciplines and is a high level inventory, describing
both Datasets and Data Holding Centres.
Topic Centre on Catalogue of Data Sources - Web CDS
- The Directory of Information Resources is a catalogue of environmental locators
pointing to environmental information sources in Europe. It covers the following
subjects: EIONET directory (the address directory of the Environmental Information
and Observation Network), EIONET SERIS (a list of national State of the
Environment reports), EU-Legislation (a description of the European Union
environmental legislation in force),
EEA Products (the European Environment Agencys catalogue of official publications),
National Products (a description of reports, datasets, projects produced and
supplied by the National Focal Points of Belgium, Greece, Italy, Norway, Spain),
EEA Data Service (a description of the data sets used in European Environment
Agency periodical reports).
- LOICZ data
- A link selection to data directories and data holders ordered by global, regional
and national level.
- The Master Environmental Library (MEL) is a Defense Modeling and Simulation
Office (DMSO) sponsored, one-stop site for ordering environmental information.
Through MEL, users locate and order environmental information that resides at
different United States military and government sites.
- This website provides a navigation tool to data and information sources in Europe,
to oceanographic data and information, managed by European centres, and to centres
in Europe with expertise and skills in oceanographic and marine data & information
- World Bank Group Data