The nutrition component builds capacities of humanitarian professionals to integrate nutrition and food security interventions appropriately and accountably throughout the programme cycle.
- mapping existing tools, manuals and training materials;
- identifying case studies and good practices;
- regional training workshops and training of trainers sessions;
- providing technical assistance to integrate nutrition and food security outcomes in programming at national level;
- developing on-line training modules on integrating nutrition and food security in emergency and resilience programming;
- supporting the Inter-Cluster Working Group on food security and nutrition (gFSC).
To ensure the project meets the needs of the Nutrition and Food Security Programming clusters and their members at global, regional and country levels, a collaborative approach has been established. A key element of this is a Project Task Force involving a number of aid agencies (WVI, ACF, IMC, SC-UK, IFRC, ICRC, UNICEF, WFP), the Global Nutrition Cluster and the Food Security Cluster.