Webinar: Enabling advisory services for climate-smart agriculture
FAO and partners are organizing a webinar on "Enabling advisory services for climate-smart agriculture" on Wednesday 29 March 2017, at 15.00 (+2 UTC / CEST - Rome time)
In this interactive event, participants and presenters will exchange knowledge on how to build an enabling environment for Rural Advisory Services (RAS) in order to support producers in implementing climate-smart agriculture.
The webinar is free of charge and open to all. It can be especially relevant for:
- Colleagues involved in planning and budgeting for RAS
- People working on formulation of NAPs, NAMAs and climate finance who want to better understand the role of RAS
- Extension officers, and
- Development practitioners working on climate change.
Enrol here: http://bit.ly/enrol-enabling-ras-for-csa
- Introduction to the topic. “Key elements for RAS’ support to address climate change” by Delgermaa Chuluunbaatar, FAO and Rasheed Sulaiman, GFRAS
- Country perspective by Roberto Azofeifa, Ministerio de Agricultura y Ganadería, Costa Rica
- Questions and answers
- Sharing of experience
- Summary and conclusions
Based on the knowledge sharing and discussions of the webinar, FAO will develop a brief that provides guidance to key stakeholders for planning and budgeting for RAS, and facilitate their inclusion into national climate plans.