The FAO Investment Centre (TCI) works in partnership with countries and both public and private financial institutions to increase the efficacy and flow of external, domestic and private investments to agriculture and rural development. Our role is to bring FAO’s knowledge to bear on each step of the investment process. We help developing and in-transition countries invest with the long-term picture in mind, create synergies between investment programmes, define and strengthen national capacities and design specific investment programmes and projects intended to bring the greatest environmental, social and economic benefits to the lives of rural people.
The TCI Environment and Climate Change (CC) thematic working group will focus on increasing knowledge sharing and developing capacity on:
- Environment and Natural Resources Management (NRM)
- Climate Change and Sustainable Land Management (SLM)
- The Global Environment Facility (GEF)
The priorities of the group during the year 2011 will include:
- Prepare and implement a TCI/TC training course on the integration of CC, the United Nations Collaborative Programme on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation in Developing Countries (REDD) integration, and the Agriculture, Forestry, and Other Land Use (AFOLU) sector (adaptation, mitigation, PES, policy, funding, etc.) into investment project design;
- Strengthen capacities at national and sub-regional level in accessing CC related financing mechanisms to enhance investments flows;
- Build links to the World Bank CC teams/programs;
- Evaluate opportunities and develop a stategy for improved access to the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), REDD, and Multi-Donor Trust Fund (MDTF).