RuralInvest is an FAO developed free multilingual toolkit that comprises training courses, manuals and custom developed software which provides the necessary support to prepare successful Rural Development projects.
Some of RuralInvest unique features:
- improve the definition and quality of investment proposals
- help local investment design
- increase access to local investment funds
- better reflect priorities of the applicants
- ensures more sustainable projects
- strengthens local capacity and increase ownership and commitment
- better assessment of project proposals
- provides information for monitoring through the project cycle
» download the RuralInvest Brochure
Available RuralInvest Modules
Depending on needs, users can select from the following modules:
Participatory Identification of Investment Needs
Guidelines to assist local technicians working with communities and other rural groups to:
- Assess natural resources, economic and social activities, institutions and infrastructures in the area
- Determine their opportunities and constraints, future priorities and resulting investment needs
» download module 1 manual as pdf [518KB]
RuralInvest: preparing effective investment project proposals
- This is a self-paced e-learining course conisting of 9 lessions. It provides guidance on how to work with groups, communities and individuals to define and prepare effective investment proposals through the use of the RuralInvest toolkit.
» click here to access the e-learning course
Preparing and Using Project Profiles
- Facilitate the conversion of general ideas into specific investment profiles with the participation of applicants.
Supporting software is available.
» download module 2 manual as pdf [1.09MB]
Detailed Project Formulation and Analysis
- Manuals and software to support the preparation of full project proposals, which contain all information required to take informed decisions concerning the viability of the proposed investment.
» download module 3 manual as pdf [1.0MB]
Monitoring and Evaluation of RuralInvest Projects
- Permits the monitoring of Rural Investments throughout the project cycle and the evaluation of performance against initial projections, using the RuralInvest software.