Promoting investment in water resources management to unlock Africa’s agriculture potential
We connect governments, donors, international, regional and national organizations and civil society to promote and support investment in agricultural water management in Africa. More
Our 5 Priority Areas
- Advocacy - Disseminating information on AWM and setting the topic on top of the national /international agenda;
- Partner harmonization - Providing a platform for closer collaboration, policy-dialogue and harmonization between partners;
- Resource mobilization - Increasing and sustaining the flow of resources towards AWM;
- Generating and sharing knowledge - Facilitating knowledge-sharing and understanding of issues related to AWM;
- Capacity building - Building the capacity for informed decision making at all levels of AWM.
Agriculture water management in Africa
What is agriculture water management (AWM)?
AgWA uses the definition provided by the CAADP, that understands Agriculture Water Management (AWM) as the continuum from rainfall management through to irrigation for food production [...]
How does AgWA support the CAADP process?
The idea for creating AgWA emerged in part from a collaborative program implemented jointly by AfDB, FAO, IFAD, IWMI and the World Bank in 2007. The partners shared a concern that Africa was under-investing in AWM [...]