Committee on World Food Security - 40 Session
07/10/2013 - 11/10/2013
FAO Headquarters, Roma
Expression of interest
The CFS was set up in 1974 and reformed in 2009 to be the most inclusive international and intergovernmental platform for all stakeholders to work together in ensuring food security and nutrition for all.
The CFS is made up of Members, Participants and Observers Participants can be from representatives of UN agencies and bodies, civil society organizations, international agricultural research systems, international or regional financial institutions private sector associations and philanthropic foundations. The CFS may invite other interested organizations relevant to its work to observe entire sessions or specific agenda items.
The Civil Society Mechanism (CSM) was created in 2009 to facilitate the participation of CSOs in the work of CFS.
If you are a representative of the civil society interested in attending the 40th Session of the CFS please follow these instructions:
1. Fill out the form with the data of your organization and choose a username and password (click Register as Organization)
2. Log in to the system using this username and password.
3. Fill out the individual form with your personal information. The form can be used for one to more applicants.
4. Upload a photo: the system requires uploading a recent passport-size digital photograph.
Have a photograph taken in digital format (JPEG), which should correspond to the following requirements:
• white background, 26 mm (width) x 33 mm (height) or 190 pixels (width) x 248
• pixels (height) not to exceed 100 kb
Please note that:
1. No funding is available.
2. All expressions of interest will be reviewed and only those validated will receive an email invitation to attend the 40th session.