- 20/03/2017 The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and The Department of Rural Economy and Agriculture of the Africa Union commission (DREA-AUC) will hold a consultative meeting to ...read more
- 17/03/2017 Measuring the resilience capacity of people to food insecurity and other shocks as well as the effectiveness of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations’ resilience interventions has ...read more
- 08/03/2017 On 27 February, 21 Master Trainers, including four women, graduated from a three-month Agropastoral Field School (APFS) Master Trainer course held at the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) Sheikh Technical ...read more
- 24/02/2017 As conflict and instability continue, the food security situation in Nigeria and the Lake Chad Basin is drastically deteriorating, FAO warned today, as it called for swift and decisive action from the international community to ...read more
- 21/02/2017 As livelihood recovery efforts continue, farmers in the rice-producing provinces of Aurora and Nueva Ecija are optimistic that the upcoming harvest can help them rebound from the devastating impacts of ...read more
- 10/02/2017 In southern Mauritania, it is about one PM when Nejiha returns from the Monguél village market. Her eldest daughter is busy preparing lunch under the khaïma, while her brothers play ...read more
- 06/02/2017 Livestock are central to the livelihoods of the millions of pastoralists and agropastoralists living in southern and southeastern areas of Ethiopia, who now face the serious effects of a long ...read more
- 19/01/2017 Belgium, a long-time supporter of FAO's work in emergencies, has deepened its commitment to protecting agriculture in countries struck by disaster with a €14-million contribution. This boosts FAO and its ...read more
- 14/12/2016 FAO’s methodology on agricultural damage and losses caused by disasters will be used to monitor agriculture-related indicators under the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR).
The decision came out of ...read more
- 05/12/2016 The Department of Agriculture (DA) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) inaugurated the country’s first Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Operations Center (DRRM) for agriculture.
Envisioned ...read more