Report, 2010. Component 3/3.
The entirety of Government programmes should build an enabling environment that ensures that individuals can feed themselves. This would require improving long-run sustainability of food and at the same time, addressing immediate food requirements. In line with these requirements, the third component focuses on two main areas of concern:
1. Long run food sustainability:
- To what extent do trade policies influence the access of food of the most vulnerable?
- What is the impact of marketing and distribution policies on access to food?
- To what extent do high food prices influence the perception of hunger (relation between high food prices and SWS- survey results)
2. Immediate food requirements:
- The availability, design and implementation of safety net programmes in the Philippines