As a volunteer with the SARD Initiative, Marina performed the following tasks:
• Provided support to the Task Manager of Ch.14 of Agenda 21 by conducting library, registry and web-based document / data searches on FAO's contribution to the Rio Earth Summit in 1992, and on the documents released from the World Summit Sustainable Development preparatory meetings and roundtables at the global and regional level.
• Compiled files of background documents related to the outcomes of the WSSD preparatory events for the review of the Support Desk Officer and the Task Manager to Chapter 14.
• Compiled files of background documents related to the International Conference on Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development in Mountain Regions (SARD-M).
• Reviewed concept papers and other documents as required by FAO for the WSSD or as part of the Multi-stakeholder Dialogue contribution to the WSSD and help with work related to the Task Manager's other responsibilities at FAO.
• Performed other technical and administrative related duties as required.
Marina is currently working in the Technical Cooperation Department of FAO as a development economist.