During her time as a volunteer with the SARD Initiative, Jennifer:
• Updated the SARD Initiative website in English, French, Spanish and Arabic, wrote new material for the website, proposed and carried out a restructure of the site, and facilitated the redesign of the site;
• Assisted with the organization of the SARD Initiative Business Meeting in October 2005 in Rome, including drafting documentation, making logistic arrangements, writing follow-up reports, and participating in the SARD Initiative Good Practices Workshop;
• Attended the International Farming Systems Association’s Global Learning Opportunity conference in Rome in October 2005, and carried out interviews with conference participants in order to collect good practices;
• Edited and designed the first SARD Initiative Newsletter;
• Provided technical review and editing of documents, translations and proof-reading;
• Carried out other tasks such as the drafting of speeches for World Food Day, development of terms of reference for various positions, recruitment of two volunteers, communication with Major Groups, and administrative support.
Jennifer is currently a junior diplomat in the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs