Southern African Regional CAADP Africa Forum FAO was invited to hold three presentations at the Southern African Regional CAADP Africa Forum, a regional forum organized in collaboration with the NEPAD Planning and Coordination Agency (NPCA) that took place on the 20 and 21 February 2012 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Forum theme : Climate Financing for Small-holder farmers.
- Agriculture and Climate Change, Synergies, Trade-offs and Funding;
- How to value carbon benefits for farmers: The EX-ACT tool and;
- Identifying opportunities and Climate Smart Investments in Africa.
- inform/educate the agricultural practitioners in the region on Climate finance opportunities (past, existing, future, development based, market based, etc.), and particularly how to access them at local, national and regional levels;
- discuss success and challenges faced by African agriculture, and smallholder farmers in particular, in accessing those funds (based on practical case studies);
- inform agricultural practitioners about African domestic initiatives (AUC/NPCA, RECs, countries) aiming at addressing the challenges posed by climate change to African agriculture and discuss them; and
- prepare the 2012 Continental African Forum.
People involved: Representatives from different farmers unions; i.e. Botswana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Seychelles, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe attended the forum.