The broad objective of research conducted within this framework is to identify and act upon relevant researchable issues and improvement options to promote the development of the dairy sector in sub-Saharan Africa.
The specific objectives are to:
1) understand the evolution and development trends of dairy systems
2) characterise existing dairy systems
3) identify constraints and opportunities, and prioritise the researchable issues for improvement of dairy systems
4) develop and test cost-efficient technologies/components for improvement of dairy systems
5) develop policy strategies to support efficient dairy systems
6) make impact on NARS dairy systems research programmes through the development of methodologies and tools, including models, that could be used by them.