Media accreditation procedures
Media accreditation for the Forum is strictly reserved for members of the press – print, photo, TV, film, news agencies and online media – who represent a bona fide media organization.
Online media must belong to a registered media organization and have a specific, verifiable non-web address and a telephone number. The online journal must have a substantial amount of original news content or commentary on international economic issues.
Please note that online publications which are communications outreach or advocacy publications of non-governmental or non-profit organizations do not qualify for media accreditation. In addition, individuals representing one-person organs or blogs do not qualify as bona fide media representatives.
Requirements for accreditation
• A completed accreditation form that includes personal and media outlet data.
• Photocopy of a valid ID document, either a passport or national identity card.
• A letter of assignment on official letterhead paper from Publisher/Assignment Editor, Editor-in-chief or Bureau Chief specifying the name and functional title of the journalist. Unsigned letters or e-mails will not be accepted.
Technical staff for TV or radio are required to follow the same accreditation procedures as journalists.
• Accreditation requests will be processed only when your application is complete. Please send ALL required documents together with the application (and not piecemeal) to our accreditations officer: email@example.com.
• Freelance journalists, including photographers, must provide clear evidence they are on assignment from a specific news organization or publication. A valid assignment letter from that news organization, or publication, is required.
• When picking up your media pass, you will need your passport or identity card.
NOTE: Journalists who are already accredited to FAO or other Rome-based UN agencies can get accreditation upon arrival at FAO but should advise the accreditations officer in advance that they are planning to attend.
Media Accreditation Form (English)
Tel. (+39) 06 570 53761
Cell 345 8591001