Questions and Issues
On the basis of your review of the draft Task Managers' report and of the summary papers of the issues raised in the discussions so far (and if you have time the other background documents) and your experiences, we would welcome your contributions in response to the following questions:
1. What are the themes that are most important to carry forward into the reporting for WFS-fyl and Rio+10? What has been missing in the discussions so far and why is it important? Your responses could include topics that you would like to be addressed through in-depth discussions in roundtables and face-to-face dialogues in preparation for the World Food Summit-five years later and World Summit on Sustainable Development.
2. What specific course of action do you suggest between now and Rio+10 to:
3. a) What novel institutional partnerships and joint working arrangements have been successful at local, sub-national or national levels for:
3. b) In each case please indicate:
Your examples should illustrate where representatives from different stakeholder groups or different sectors are working together to address some of these land issues, indicating:
As outlined in the summary documentation and stakeholder contributions to date, we have identified five main Categories of Land Related Issues
1. (a) Status and trends of land resources, driving forces and impacts in terms of land degradation, food security and poverty; and (b) indicators, monitoring and assessment.
2. (a) Land tenure, access to resources and (b) empowerment, farmers rights and (c) local and indigenous knowledge, and in each case, gender issues.
3. (a) Approaches- especially participatory (multistakeholder), integrated ecosystem, and holistic/ multisectoral approaches; (b) Tools - information and communications technology, remote sensing technology such as GIS/GPS, etc.; and (c) Best practices;
4. (a) National strategies, policies and legislation, and action plans and (b) institutional strengthening, decentralisation and multisectoral cooperation...and (c) capacity building;
5. (a) International cooperation (especially awareness raising, capacity building and support for priority areas of action and (b) a focus on hots spots and bright spots
In the dialogue please refer, as appropriate, to the previous discussions on these different issues.