In order to further elaborate on the topics presented and have farmers practice in the application of the camp/block extension officers, practical field visits were undertaken to vegetable growers. The participants enjoyed the field visits. The field visits were extremely popular for practical demonstration of farmers practices. The differences between the farmers, present practices and recommended practices were discussed in the field. The following elements were observed in the field:
· Poor land tillage at times.
· Basal dressing fertiliser applied late and not incorporated.
· Manure applied as top dressing and not incorporated in the soil.
· Indiscriminate use of insecticides and fungicides.
· Inadequate knowledge on identification of pests and diseases.
· Lack of rotation, poor spacing.
· Growing of fewer vegetable species resulting in market gluts, poor rotation.
· Poor sanitation in vegetable gardens, neglected old crops.
· Farmers do not use compost.
· Marketing problems.
· Farmers use recycled seed.
· Poor irrigation techniques.