TECHNICAL RESOURCE PAPERS REGIONAL WORKSHOP ON THE CULTURE AND UTILIZATION OF SEAWEEDS
REGIONAL SEAFARMING DEVELOPMENT AND
DEMONSTRATION PROJECT RAS/90/002
27–31 August 1990
Regional Seafarming Development and Demonstration Project
Network of Aquaculture Centres in Asia
Hyperlinks to non-FAO Internet sites do not imply any official endorsement of or responsibility for the opinions, ideas, data or products presented at these locations, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. The sole purpose of links to non-FAO sites is to indicate further information available on related topics.
This electronic document has been scanned using optical character recognition (OCR) software. FAO declines all responsibility for any discrepancies that may exist between the present document and its original printed version.
TECHNICAL RESEARCH REPORTS
- A review of the production technologies of tropical species of economic seaweeds. By Gavino C. Trono, Jr.
- Cultivation of temperate seaweeds in the Asia Pacific region. By Wu Chao yuan.
- Gracilaria culture in China. By Chen Jia Xin.
- Study of the intensive culture of Undaria on the coast of Brittany. By R. Kaas & R. Perez.
- Environmental aspects of seaweed culture. By M. J. Phillips.
- The mass culture of Dunaliella salina. By Michael A. Borowitzka.
- Various aspects of fundamental research, biotechnology and industrial transfer using microalgae. By J. P. Dubacq.
- Processing and extraction of phycocolloids. By Ji Minghou.
- Production, properties, and uses of alginate, carrageenan and agar. By Olivier Barbaroux.
- Marine algae utilization in food and pharmacology. By Annette Alfsen.
- Summary of international production and demand for seaweed colloids. By David James.
- Production, marketing and trade of seaweeds. By Nirmala Richards-Rajadurai.