Data Lab disclaimer
Disclaimer for the content of FAO’s Big Data tool on food chains under the COVID-19 pandemic
This open-access tool developed by the FAO Data Lab gathers and analyses real time information on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on food and agriculture, value chains, food prices, food security and undertaken measures, with the aim of providing countries with facts and information to build their decisions on issues related to COVID-19 and food value chains.
It is important that users be aware that information and data available on the Data Lab are the result of automatic aggregation and analysis, with minimal human control. FAO doesn't have any control of the content that si aggregated.
This tool offers different services. The use of the Twitter Semantic Search is subject to specific Terms and Conditions which need to be accepted by users upon registration. For all the other services, the following terms and disclaimers apply.
- Most of the information published on these pages comes from external sources and is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. FAO specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such information. Under no circumstances shall FAO be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this platform, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the data, findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in this platform do not necessarily represent the views of FAO or its Member States. FAO does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of these data, findings, interpretations and conclusions or other information provided by any other Third Party. Reliance upon any such data, findings, interpretations, conclusions, or other information shall also be at the user’s own risk. Neither FAO, nor any of its employees, shall be liable to any user or anyone else for any misrepresentation, inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
- The designations employed and the maps and information available on this platform do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of FAO concerning the legal or development status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. The mention of specific companies or products of manufacturers, whether or not these have been patented, does not imply that these have been endorsed or recommended by FAO in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
- FAO shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from, directly or indirectly or connected to, the use of, reference to, or reliance on any content provided in this platform, including, but not limited to, any liability arising from any intentional or negligent misuse, errors, disclosure, undue transfer, loss or destruction of data that may occur.
- Links to other websites are provided for the user's convenience only and do not constitute endorsement by FAO of material at those sites, or any associated organization, product or service.
- Users are responsible for independently verifying the accuracy and completeness of all data, information and contents and bear the sole responsibility and risk for their access and use of the contents of Third Party information.
- FAO reserves the right at any time, to modify or discontinue the service, temporarily or permanently, including any means of accessing or utilizing it, at its sole discretion with or without prior notice to users.