WSIS Forum 2022 Opening Ceremony
The Opening Ceremony on 15 March 2022, 13:00-14:00 CET, will inaugurate this year’s WSIS Forum, which will be held under the theme of “ICTs for Well-Being, Inclusion and Resilience: WSIS Cooperation for Accelerating Progress on the SDGs”.
From 15 March onwards, the Forum will take a virtual format, with the final week taking place physically at the ITU Headquarters in Geneva. The Opening Ceremony will feature a number of distinguished panelists, including:
- Mr. Houlin Zhao, ITU Secretary-General
- Dr. Tawfik Jelassi, Assistant Director-General for Communication and Information at UNESCO
- Ms. Isabelle Durant, Deputy Secretary-General at UNCTAD
- Ms. Mashael Ali Yousef Al Hammadi, Acting Assistant Undersecretary of Government Information Technology Affairs at the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology in Qatar
- Ms. Karen McCabe, Senior Director of Public Affairs & Marketing at the IEEE Standards Association
- Ms. Moira De Roche, Vice President at the International Federation for Information Processing
More information and registration here
The WSIS Forum 2022 will encompass a number of special tracks, which showcase the application of ICTs across specific demographics.
This year’s special tracks are:
- ICTs and Youth, ICTs and Gender Mainstreaming,
- ICTs for Industry 4.0 and Emerging Technologies special track,
- ICTs for Well-being, Happiness and Peace,
- ICTs and Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities and Specific Needs,
- ICTs and Older Persons,
- ICTs and Indigenous Peoples and Cultures,
- ICTs for Developing and Least Developed Countries, and
- ICTs for Sport.