International Conference on Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems 2021
Noto (Japan), 25/11/2021 - 27/11/2021
The International Conference on Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems 2021 will be held in the Noto region of Ishikawa Prefecture
in Japan to bring together experiences and challenges from Agricultural Heritage Systems from all over the world on the occasion of commemorating the 10th anniversary of Noto's Satoyama and Satoumi, designated as the first Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS) in the country.
To share the experiences of various types of activities conducted in GIAHS sites, and to discuss ways to further conserve these systems, by improving farmers livelihoods, preserving biodiversity, ecosystems and traditional knowledge and landscapes
through the discussion among GIAHS site representatives, policymakers, researchers, and other relevant parties.
- Hybrid event (follow the registration link)
- Time zone of the event (JST): CET+8
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Arabic and Japanese.
- Venue: Nanao City, Ishikawa Prefecture in Japan
- Organizers: FAO, Ishikawa Prefecture of Japan, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan, United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS), Noto Regional Association for
GIAHS Promotion and Cooperation