Global Coordination Group of the Regional Forest Communicators Network
The Global Coordination Group on Forest Communication was formed by FAO to improve communication on forest issues and facilitate capacity development among the regional networks.
| || |
- assist coordination among regional networks
- identify shared opportunities to raise awareness on forest issues across the regions;
- help promote the importance of communication to policy makers, stakeholders and decision makers;
- provide various means of exchange of ideas, information, advice and expertise;
- provide expertise on global and regional communication issues.;
- advance the exchange of experience among regional networks; and
- promote best practices in forest communication in these networks.
Ways of working
- acts as a think tank or advisory panel;
- works mainly online and works together as resources allow;
- identifies international events at which to organise strategic meetings; and
- shares information to and from the regional networks.
All members of the group work in a voluntary capacity and are invited to join the group by FAO to represent the regional networks.
- Ingwald Gschwandtl
Chair of the Global Coordination Group, Forest Communicators Networks and Forest Policy Expert
- Barbara Tucker
Leader of the Africa Forest Communicators Network and Working for Forests Representative, Department of Environmental Affairs, South Africa
- Detty Saluling
Leader of the Asia-Pacific Forest Communicators Network, Strategic Communication Coordinator, The Center for People and Forests (RECOFTC), Thailand
- Kai Lintunen
Leader of the FAO-UNECE Forest Communicators Network and Head of International Communications, Finnish Forest Association, Finland
- Lourdes Lázaro Marín
Deputy Leader of the FAO-UNECE Forest Communicators Network and Corporate Development Coordinator, International Union for Conservation of Nature, Spain
- Colin Morton
Former deputy Leader of the FAO-UNECE Forest Communicators Network, Communication Consultant, UK
- Jennifer Hayes
Deputy Leader of the FAO-UNECE Forest Communicators Network and Director, Science Application and Communication, United States Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station
- Marianela Argüello Leiva
Leader of the Latin America and the Caribbean Forest Communicators Network and Technical and Academic Coordination Assistant, Tropical Agricultural Research and Higher Education Center (CATIE), Costa Rica
- Patricia Sfeir
Leader of the Mediterranean and Near East Forest Communicators Network and Manager, Rural Development Programs, Seeds International, Lebanon
- Maria De Cristofaro
Global Coordinator of the Regional Forest Communicators Networks and Outreach and Capacity Building, Forestry Division, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Italy
The global coordination group on communication is currently chaired by Ingwald Gschwandtl, Chair of the Global Coordination Group, Forest Communicators Networks and Director, Head of Forest Policy and Information, Federal Ministry of Sustainability and Tourism, Austria, and coordinated by Maria De Cristofaro, Global Coordinator of the Regional Forest Communicators Networks and Outreach and Capacity Building.
The group reports to the Communications and Outreach Officer, Forestry Division, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.